[VAC] Re: SS Tow Balls

Bob,
  I'd want it in writing from "Bully" that greasing a SS hitch ball is
unnecessary. From what I've seen, galling is worse with SS than with
regular steel, and that's why you grease a hitch ball. Galling leads to
siezing, siezing leads to bending, and bending leads to breakage.

I hate handling that greasy, grubby thing, but figure it's part of the
price I pay. When I unhitch, I generally unplug the ball mount, stick it
back into the hitch, and swing the "stinger" to the side so I don't bash
my shins on it. If I'm *real* careful, I don't even get my hands dirty.
(usually)

                               <<Jim>>