[VAC] Re: Non-conventional pullers

Dear Dr. G.,
    You certainly are a wiz.  Based on the fact that I will be pulling with
the 89 Toyota, the manual says "Do not use stabilizing hitches".  The
existing rear bumper is designed for a ball mount, is heavy duty and well
mounted to the truck frame.

When I do move, all heavy objects currently in the Safari will be stowed in
the truck bed.  That should help prevent the trailer pushing the light truck
around.  Brake controller set to slightly favor the trailer brakes, which
were replaced last year.  I would love to have bigger/taller tires but it
sounds like that would be counterproductive to getting the rig off the line
without burning the clutch.  So I'm going to stay with the Mickey Mouse
tires that came with the truck, which BTW, is a 2 wheel drive vehicle.

The funny thing is, that if someone had told me six months ago that I was
going to use a 4 banger as a puller, I would have told them there was no
chance.  Time will tell as we live and learn.

Bob Kiger
Oceanside, CA