[VAC] Re: Non-conventional pullers

Dear Dr. G.,
    Published ratings for motor vehicles should not be based on optimism but
rather on engineering and science.  Is Toyota stretching the truth when the
rating a small PU at 3500lbs?  Or is Ford compressing the truth (perhaps to
avoid liability) when they say their F-150 is rated at only 2200lbs.

I have heard stories of Ford's with six cylinder powerplants pulling 4000+
trailers over the Rockies.  Today I received a message from a VAC lister who
said "I pulled my Globe Trotter cross country with a little bitty Toyota
pickup, up the passes and all and only used the bumper hitch that I got from
Toyota - worked fine if a bit slow on the grades.

I promise to always start in 1st gear . . . duhhhh:)  when pulling my
trailer.  I have also learned from the Toyota Group that air bags are the
best way to go for beefing the rear end.

I am changing the name of this thread because it has run it's course.  New
name non-coventional pullers