[VAC] Re: TOYOTA PU PULLER

Dr. G.,
    I've gotten considerable feedback from Toyota group and some individuals
on Airstream VAC list about pulling my 66 Safari with the smaller truck.
The truck manual cites 3500 pound limit with manual tranny and 350 lb.
tongue weight.  The manual agrees with you to always start in 1st gear
though I have not yet found the gear ratios.  Starting in first seems
obvious to me.  I am planning to beef up the rear springs to help with the
added weight.

I am now satisfied that my truck will be more than adequate for light
pulling.   This is so important for getting maintenance and even attending
rallies in the San Diego WBCC chapter.
Bob
Oceanside, CA