[VAC] Re: Tankless Water Heaters?

Dear Roy,
    Any type water heater will have a lag time between turning on the faucet
and delivery of hot water UNLESS the unit is very near the sink.  I have
been in modern homes where it takes a couple of minutes for hot water in the
upstairs bathroom.

Luckily, we who own Airstreams have a limited distance from water heater to
any of our outlets.  The main differences between the on-demand and
tank-type water heaters are that tanks keep using gas to keep a constant
temperature even when they are not being used.  This can be problematic in
cold climates where the heated tank cools down rather quickly.  I noticed
this problem when I first bought my Airstream up in the mountains of Oregon.

The most appealing feature of on-demand is that you can have as much hot
water as you have gas to fire the burner and water to go through the system.

I am very happy to hear that Airstream offered on-demand as an option.
Wondering how to find out which unit they used and where it was mounted.

Thanks for the tip
Bob