[VAC] Bowen water heater

Help! I have a Bowen water heater with Honeywell controlls. The on/off/pilot knob has fallen off and I can't determine what position the controls are in. Turning the knob shaft, in both directions, I can't find any stops. It just keeps turning. I can fire up the burner by putting the knob on and pushing it in, but no matter how long I hold it in, when I let go everything goes out.
Does anyone have ideas about this or maybe your knob has fallen off too.
Thanks,
Rick Langer
'66 GlobeTrotter