[VAC] ClearCoat removal and polish

	Well I thought I had all the Clearcoat of my 76 23' baby, but
there are some small spots left and they must be removed with another
application of Airplane paint remover.

	This afternoon I decided to at least try my polisher for the first
time and see what the problems are. They are many. Didn't get the pad on
right the first time. Then fixed that and turned it on in a large pail of
water and got a bath! Dried out the pad holding it so it didn't get me.

	My door is free of Clearcoat so I tried my Rolite Regular polish
applied with a small sponge. This worked fine and I polished away and got
a lot of black slim all over the area I was working in.

	Tried a terricloth rag and water. Didn't touch it. Tried viniger:
didn't touch it. Tried Windex: A little came off but not much. In the
store room I found a quart of Lacquer Thinner. Brought that out and put
some on the rag after wrining out the water. Wiped the black stuff and
with no effort at all, it came off clean! Washed the rag out in water and
it is pretty good again.

	Need to get a good liquid to clean up my pads. Sure Lacquer
Thinner will work but maybe soap will work too. Need to experiment much
more. If you recall something like the name of a cleaner please pass it
along.

--
Yours Truly,

  	 - Karl F. Larsen, k5di@arrl.net  (505) 524-3303  -