[VAC] Re:

Scott,
Re your recent "awnings" posting...we have what appears to be the
original awning for our "60 Overlander: a great heavy canvas thing with
a bead enabling for the railing on the  trailer. We have used it several
times but the mystery is that there are no grommets, etc on the awning
enabling us to "tent" the non-trailer side [we have simply cut saplings
and tied them into the fabric, not a great look nor practical!].
Questions:
 1. How were the awnings originally supported once away from the rail?
Are there photos?
 2. Did people always travel with a ladder to enable them to get up
there and install the     awning?
 3. What material are you currently using, and are you pleased with the
result?
 4. Would you please describe in some detail, or with a sketch, your
current set-up, including     poles, dimensions, guying, etc.

Thank you,
Paul Schaefer
'60 Overlander