[VAC] 66 Trade Wind

Hi Curtis,
The dent was hammered out using an auto body hammer and dolly, takes
two. If you look close at the pics the dent is fairly noticeable. I intend
to replace those when I get the opportunity to buy the materials at a
reasonable price. 2024T3 aluminum is extremely difficult to work with after
it has been damaged. According to my sources it can't be heat worked without
melting or cracking so I cold worked the metal at risk of tearing.
Fortunately the dent had no real creases in the metal and I was able to
flatten out the dent.

Window latch assemblies, inside cabinet hardware and corning glass
windows are extremely hard to come by because they were only made for 3
years and in the case of cabinet hardware the latches were unique to 1966
just like aluminum wiring, thetford mechanical toilets, and Dometic
refrigerators that work. And did I forgot to mention Dometic refrigerators
that work. If you have one, find your nearest landfill and drive to it with
the so called refrigerator and when you get there dump it out the door,
then drive to your local RV dealer and get a new one. Automatic electronic
ignition is so nice!!!!
On second thought just take it to a reputable local salvage yard so that it
may be disposed of in an environmentally friendly manner.

I still have the curtain, contact me offlist and we can talk about it!

Yes, I polish my own trailer. It takes about 80 hours to strip and polish
the first time then another 40 hours each season for maintenance.

Later

Wayne A. Moore (WAM)
President
Washington, DC Unit 2002