[VAC] Re: Polishing

Corn Starch to remove the mud.  Mineral spirits (paint thinner) to
remove the stuff in the pits, seams and rivet heads.  All done with
diaper material.

Talking about polishing, I tried out the Shirley Manning
Cyclo/Sweatshirt method of polishing 2 weekends ago, using both the
Rolite I had left over, and tried out the Nuvite S & A grades.
http://home.att.net/%7Eglobetrotter64/

OK, I'm a believer now.  I threw out all the foam pads I had left over
from the last polish I did, and will buy the Nuvite from here on out.
Shirley's method is so much easier that polishing was almost fun. The
sweatshirt process doesn't scratch the surface like the pads did, as
you are using a new surface each time, and using the NuVite, the
sweatshirt picked up and removed the polish mud as you go. The Rolite
must use a different base material, as it did not pick up as well -
more wiping with the diapers cloth required.

I'm going to update my polish webpage after the Spring VAC Rally next
week, but Shirley's website covers it all.

Later,
RJ
VintageAirstream.com