[VAC] Re: clearcoat strippers

Methylene Chloride needs to be used with a little common sense. When I first got into the wood working trades we did refinishing and stripping on an ongoing basis. we used a methylene cholride stripper exclusivly we usedv no protective clothing at masks when working with it.OUr employers were too cheep and didn't gave a damn about the employes welfare. We had no Ida that it could be harmful to our health.Many times we did not have rubber gloves.  After stripping we washed dowh the furniture and pianoes with a very strong trisodium phosphate in hot water. After 20 years of this I have suffered no on going health provlems from this. This is not to say thatcaution is not necessary but many of the things are not as hazzared as the "experts"lead us to believe.Many things have been taken off the market because of possable dangers to health and safty and have been replaced by many things that are many times worse.(lineral polyutheran industeral paints)are an example.
Jim Smith