[VAC] Ammonia does work, a little

	Today I went out to my 76 and with the Whisk Ammonia from the
market I worked over a new area near the left rear and it got some, but
not all of the clearcoat off.

	I went around to the door. It has most of the clearcoat removed by
the sun on the top half, and the bottom half is still pretty good. I was
able to remove ALL the clearcoat from the top half. The bottom half it got
a lot off but didn't get under the entire coating. I will need to try the
regular toxic paint remover on the bottom half.

	Will report on this test door tomorrow after the whole clearcoat
removal is done.

	I have decided the only way to do clearcoat removal in the desert
is to do it in the very early morning at first light. We just went on
Daylight Saving time so first light happens about 6:15 AM now. I will get
out there with a cup of coffee and my rubber gloves and a 5 gallon pail of
water. Hope to get a lot done and will report to the list how it goes.

--
Yours Truly,

  	 - Karl F. Larsen, k5di@arrl.net  (505) 524-3303  -
                        http://www.zianet.com/k5di/