[VAC] Shocks, Final Chapter

After 4 hours the stream is equipped with new shocks. A couple of
observations, #1 The shocks did not need to be replaced. something I couldn't
tell until the first was removed. They were at least as old as when the
bushings were factory split. Does any one know when that might have been?
#2 The upper stud nut is a bugger to get to.  #3 Even with the bushing split
I still needed to pry back the mount to fit the shock between the stud and
frame, although not a lot.  #4 Heed the warning on previous post about
turning off the stud at the nut. One of the studs turned off without warning
and only moderate effort. Fortunately it was a frame stud making it much
easier to correct.
I'm glad it's done I now knowing the condition of the shocks giving me a
piece of mind.

J.L.Dietz #4361