[VAC] Re: Shock up date

(I forgot if I asked on this list or the A/S list about shock and bushing
removal so I'll post to both.) To prepare for Sunday's shock replacement
festivities I have sprayed the nuts a couple of times with a penetrating
catalyst this past week and made a bushing cutter to split the bushings in
the new shocks for easy installation. (I hope) The cutter was made from a 2
1/2 inch X 1/4 inch carriage bolt. I ground down the square area under the
head, then ground the head to a thin sharp circular blade. The head of the
carriage bolt fits inside the bushing, and the blade cuts deep enough to
slice the bushing thru to the shock. I mounted the cutter in a hand drill and
15 min later 4 shocks and 8 bushings were cut clean.

J.L.Dietz