[VAC] Re: 25 year rule

In answer to the question about a limit on
vintage trailers.
I have noticed at our unit rallies, the people are
taking an interest in my old vintage trailer and our
rallies and travels with it. Most are just waiting
till they can join up with the new club. You can see
that they want a reason to be proud of their old
trailer. They want to get out and enjoy working and
polishing on their trailer. They now have a reason to
keep that old trailer on the road now instead of
trading it on a new one just because of it’s age.

If we restrict people because of an arbitrary number,
I can see us losing all the momentum the vintage club
has brought to WBCCI.
We could be looked upon as an elitist group with
little chance for most people to be able to join,
instead of a great group that everyone looks forward
to joining eventually.

With the decline in numbers of WBCCI, I can see a time
when the whole WBCCI may be run by the vintage club
with the new trailers being an intra-club until they
could be a full member.

This should be a club about people with something in
common and quit worrying about the exact age or style
of their trailers.

So in closing, keep the 25 year rule so as to make the
club something to shoot for.

Just my opinion,
Thanks
Doug Rowbottom