[VAC] Portable Air

There are portables and there are portables. I think you folks are talking
about window air units. I'd agree with Andy here. But there are also
portable air units that are little appliances that just sit on the floor,
much like a dehumidifier. The one Pelonis sells (www.Pelonis.com) has a
flexible exhaust hose for the waste heat that you stick out a window with an
adaptor that comes with the machine. The condensation drains into a pan
which you empty periodically. I think these would be ideal for old coaches
with moderate cooling needs. You could secure them wherever you like for
towing, then wheel them to wherever you needed cooling when stopped. In a
large coach, this might mean cooling just the sleeping area at night. If I
had an old coach and didn't want to cut up the roof and lose the
aerodynamics and clearance as with roof air, I'd sure give one of these a
try. I've been very impressed with Pelonis products.

Dan
75 Argosy 26