[VAC] Re: Read it and weep

why weep?  I think it's great - in fact I sent
Airstream my resume 3 years ago to work on something
like this.  I think they're providing the vintage
airstream purists some relief by providing a modern
interior in a bambi shell so that the 700-some vintage
bambi's don't get gutted and updated.

I don't know how many emails I've received from design
firms etc. that wanted to take a vintage bambi and
have it converted to a conference room in their
"downtown" office.

sadly though, I've heard that Airstream will not make
a "new" bambi empty (to be retrofitted with a
conference table) for less than they sell a fully
functional one.  So the vintage ones continue to
dwindle while the fashion demands it.

Toby