[VAC] Weight database

Thanks to the VAC list, the '61 Globetrotter project sold
yesterday.

Another topic I have been meaning to post about, is to
collect data on weights of various years and models of
Airstreams. Several friends have had the usual questions,
can I tow x model with y car. And of course the usual
answers go back about every Airstream being different,
erring on the conservative side, etc. etc. but it would
help to have a table of the empty weights. One time I saw
a formula of 3800 pounds for a 19 foot Land Yacht, add
300 pounds for every foot over 19, 100 pounds for the
International model and 200 pounds for Excella. That
seems to be fairly close but who knows?

If this information exists in one place, please let me
know!

I will compile the information I get and post it on the
web. Send year, model, empty weight and source of the
information (owner's book or actual weighing) to
airweight@josephson.com.

Thanks!