[VAC] Water Pressure Reg.

My 1972 Sovereign International's factory built in water pressure
regulator is dripping out the little drain tube that sticks out below
the belly pan.

It all started last fall when I had new water lines run on the property.
The installer didn't flush any dirt out of the lines before connecting
all up. We were camped out in this unit and the evening of the new water
lines all the faucet screens suddenly plugged up. I cleaned them out,
several times, and no big deal except the pressure regulator seems to be
dripping out it's drain hose quite a bit.

Are these easy to take apart & clean? Has anyone had experience with
doing this job? Any help/suggestions would be appreciated. Personally
I've wondered about just removing it and just using the ones on the hose
just outside the trailer where the hose hooks up to it.

Thanks,
Pat