[VAC] Re: jalousie Windows and metal fatigue

Andy and all ,
That sounds like it could be a potential problem . I did notice that the inner
skin is not riveted directly to the window , it is attached to the window trim
piece that is in turn riveted to the window which is as you said , made up of
separate extrusions .
     Having  the window and the door so close together without any stringers
horizontally or continuos  skin in the area seems like it could be a part of
the problem . Having a row of  three windows so closely spaced on the other
side cant help .
      However the jalousie , the great light from the wall o windows on the
other side ,and the open layout is what attracted me to the trailer in the
first place , so I dont have any intent of changing out the window(s) . I may
try to make the frame around it more solid , and I may add some stringers for
and aft in the roof . And then there is the old saying ,if it aint broke ,dont
fix it.
  But where I have it opened up now , I thought I might reinforce it and
prevent a trouble down the road .
   Thanks for the replys , I appreciate the help . If any of you have any pics
of gutted out airstream structure any year or model  , feel free to send them
to me , I`m interested in how the design has evolved ( re WAM`s letter
yesterday )
  Also If anyone has any experience building airstreams or airplanes and
design principals involved  regarding beefing up roof  stringers , love to
hear from you .
  I am also thinking about replacing the long exterior roof panel which has a
flat dent and some corrosion , I understand how a hammered type rivet is
stronger than an olympic style , The underside is open now so I could do it ,
but will the structure hold up without any skin on that side - would it need
temporary support ? I have auto body experience , but this is new territory
for me . Or maybe a phony vent and call it good ...
  Chris ( 3 days no smoking ! )