[VAC] Plumbing

I put water to my 71 Safari a couple of days ago for the first time since I
bought it a year ago.  When I got back into the trailer after turning on the
hose I was shocked to find water rolling down the hall from under the rear
bath shower pan.  There are hot and cold copper lines that run under the
entry lip of the shower pan to the sink on the opposite side of the trailer.
One of the lines had obviously froze at some point and burst.  I am thinking
of replacing all of the old copper piping from the water heater on with poly
tubing and compression fittings.  I am thinking of using brass fittings with
the poly tubing because they are much smaller than the PEX or Flair-it
fittings.  Has anyone tried this combination?  Any insight would be
appreciated.

Jerry Sulkin