[VAC] Re: Hardwood floors

Phil -

Flooring depends on application as so much does in life as a trailerite. Not
having carpeting is a great idea as trailers get tracked in dirt so quickly
despite the best prevention. A small kitchen broom is all I need to clean up
fast. I do have carpet runners which come out for old fashioned beating, and
thus save the space otherwise occupied with a vacuum.

 I went with an inexpensive but good looking self adhesive vinyl tile for two
reasons. The profile was identical in depth as the original 1966 linoleum, so
resizing wood work was not an issue, it was very fast and easy to do. AND as
it gets banged up individual tiles are easily removed with a heat gun and new
tiles quickly replaced. At about $1 to $1.50 a tile I can afford to be quite
vain about my floor. Thus each spring I plan to place a couple new pieces in
high traffic areas. I have a light hardwood parquet pattern which looks good,
and cleans easy. At campgrounds and fairgrounds floors get messy quick!

Alex In Indiana
66 Safari & Overlander
WBCCI 8728