[VAC] WBCCI numbers and shadows

I have a question about one of the most sacred of all Airstream institutions, but here
goes...

Our '71 Sovereign has never had WBCCI numbers, and we have not yet put our new numbers
on the trailer (we joined a couple of months ago).  We're rather picky about the
trailer's appearance and are concerned about the shadows caused by the numbers in case
we sell the trailer sometime down the road.  Is that really an issue at all, or do
most people expect numbers or the shadows of removed numbers on a trailer of that
vintage?  Is there anything we can do to minimize the shadow effect?

Thanks in advance,
Molly
1971 Sovereign