[VAC] Re: Spare Tire Holder

A rear spare location is potentially possible but you need to determine
the tongue weight of your trailer, which should be about 15% of the
trailer weight.  The weight of spare plus metal to strengthen your rear
trailer bumber of attachement point will probably be near 100lbs.  You
need to have the weight to loose up front.  You could add some additional
weight up front if necessary. My 16ft had the forward half of the frame
doubled to strengthen frame for a generator by original owner.  Thus I
found after weighing the trailer I needed to loose at least a 100 lbs of
hitch weight so it worked out pretty well for me.

Roy Lashway
'78 Argosy,'56 Bubble
WBCCI 1610     VAC
rlashway@zianet.com