[VAC] Re: '61 Overlander Windows & Hardware

Jason,

A number of the windows on my '58 Overlander are broken, several others
have been replaced with plexiglass that is deteriorating from exposure
to the elements. I'm contemplating replacing all of the bad
glass/plexiglass with a product called Hyzod polycarbonate glazing
sheet, which is stronger than plate glass or acrylic and is resilient to
high wind, rocks, hail, and burglary. We plan on using Hyzod SR
Solarshield which provides extended UV protection, there's also an AR
variety that is hard coated for even more protection. If this is an
option for you, or anyone else reading this, check the Plastics section
of the yellow pages, or online. I found Laird Plastics in the Phoenix
Yellow Pages which offers an online PDF catalog. It will give you a good
idea of what's available. Their web site is at
http://www.lairdplastics.com/, and they have physical locations
throughout the country. I'm not affiliated with them, just found their
catalog very useful while trying to decide what to use for replacement
glazing.

--
Ted Byrd
1958 Overlander