[VAC] veneer repair

I have some water damage in  places which has caused the plywood on the cabinet
to delaminate . Does anyone have any experience replacing the veneer rather
than the cabinet itself ?
 Also does anyone know of a source for the plastic strip that the overhead
doors slide in on a 63 or older ? Anyone have any from old cabinets they wont
be using ? I`ve got some goodies to trade if you do . Mine has shrunk and
warped as it all seems to do . Thinking of an aluminuim extrusion , it would`nt
be original but it might work better .
 awfully quiet here tonight .
Chris