[VAC] Re: Replacing Shocks / Balancing Wheels

Hey Andy,

I'll check the measurements on the backing plate, but by eyeballing it,
they look like the same dimensions as the originals. As for the grease
seals, I'm sure the bearings were repacked since 1958, so the "newer"
1964+ seals make sense. As for the shocks, maybe you can tell me if
Airstream dealers still have replacement parts available. Stamped into
the side of the shock is:

050C-206/F.25
DELCO PRODUCTS
DAYTON OHIO U.S.A.
5394981

What would you recommend as a replacement part for this shock?

Now that I have the process down, I suspect that the other three wheels
will go significantly faster. But I suppose if I have to be a poster
child for what not to do, yet again, be my guest. Are there any perks?
;)

--
Ted Byrd
1958 Overlander