[VAC] Re: Replacing Shocks / Balancing Wheels

Ted. The horizontal shocks are basically, for the Dura-Torque axle
installations. Be careful with generic backing plate assemblies. They may not
fit the depth of the hub and drum that you have. Also, we had some grease
seals made to replace the old felt seals. But the felt seals were not used in
1958. They were first used in 1964, best I remember. But the important part
is the seals that we had made are "first class" and NOT a better than
nothing. They cost more, but are great. The old shock "Delco" number won't
cross reference, because those shocks were made for Airstream, as an OEM.
Can we use your name as a testimonial, when folks inquire why it sometimes,
takes more than a modest amount of time to upgrade the running gear and
brakes?
Andy