[VAC] Re: Replacing Shocks

Andy,
  That's why I'd like to see some testing, just to know how much
difference it really makes to do a complete wheel balance on a trailer.

I can tell you one thing that will shake the hell outa your trailer, and
that's improper tire pressure. Many folks think that the "Max Pressure"
stamped on the tire sidewall is the correct operating pressure. That's
only true if the tire is carrying the "Max Load" (as stamped on the
sidewall). If the load is much less than the rating, the pressure should
be adjusted accordingly. Too-hard tires ride very hard. Too-soft tires
get hot and delaminate, ala the Firestones on the Ford Exploders, er,
Explorers.

Load vs. inflation pressure charts are available from the manufacturer
of your tires.

If you want to do an interesting experiment, inflate your car's tires to
45 or 50 PSI and go for a ride. You'll soon see why rivets loosen, gas
lines crack and break, etc.

                                <<Jim>>