[VAC] Re: awning fabric

Yes, the website is definitely http://www.beaconfabric.com/vindex.html

The drapery hardware looks excellent. My wife was just asking how we were going to handle that problem.

The idea of making my own awning is intriguing. Of course, I'm not ready for part of the restoration yet. My Overlander has a "bead rail" on the curb side, and I can envision how a "homemade" awning might work, but I am not a sewing person (but willing to try). how do you actually sew into the edge of the fabric the "bead" material? Do you know of any sewing website that might explain? Anyone know of a supplier for aluminum poles to be used on the outside corners (I would imagine like a tent canopy)? Any other ideas out there?

Getting ahead of myself,
Phil Renner
Guilford, CT
63 Overlander