[VAC] Re: WBCCI membership revisited

I had always thought that belonging to the WBCCI and the Vintage club, was,
in part, a means to share information.

Life, in many ways, is a "give and take".

Many of the old timers were in the group of "takers" and over a period of
time, became rather knowledgeable about their Airstream. Certainly, someone,
some where took the time to help them, with their Airstream.

Now, some of us, are much older, and at times, a little cranky, myself
included, and a few of them are talking about abandoning the very
organizations, that helped us, and them,  many times over many years.

What are the newbies going to think, when they are told, "I got what I
wanted, you go fend for yourself?

I think, that when others were there for many of us, that it would indeed be
very sad, if we turned our backs on the newcomers.

Give and take "IS" a great part of life. If we gave back, just a part of what
we received,
then we have made our fair contribution, to the newcomers.

They may not always be grateful, as sometimes we weren't, but hopefully,
because of us that have been around a "long" time, they may follow in our
footsteps, making the Airstream "WAY OF LIFE", through our examples of
fellowship, bigger and better.

Lets not give up on our "successors", but instead show them, as others have
shown us, of what "real fellowship", is all about.

Lets not be quitters, guys and gals alike, but work together, for all of our
benefits. If we don't like something, then lets work together, to fix it.

Had we all been united, as we should have been, then maybe, just maybe, 9-11
would not have happened.

Together, Airstreamers accomplish the difficult today, because yesterday,
they accomplished "the impossible".

For what it's worth, our younger generation "needs us" and probably more than
they think.

And, I think, we really need them, too!!!

Andy