[VAC] Using Citrus Cleaner on Exterior Skin

Greetings,

Does anyone know if the citric acid in citrus cleaners will attack the
Alclad layer? After reading through the archives, I noticed posts
regarding the use of citrus cleaners to remove silicon caulk. A previous
owner put a large silicon band-aid across the drip cap over my door, and
tonight I was using Goo Gone to try and remove it. No sooner did I spray
the stuff on, when I remembered discussions of acids eating away the
protective Alclad layer. I immediately washed it off, and to my
amazement, the metal where the stuff had run down the side was a
brilliant silver.

So, have I potentionally ruined my skin? Or have I discovered a quick
and easy way to brighten up the exterior?

--
Ted Byrd
1958 Overlander