[VAC] Cooking batteries

Hello all.  I often see some of our people have trouble with overcharging their batteries. I had a 34 ft. for many years.  It started out cooking the batteries.  I did an experiment that worked great.
I bought a small Schumacher motorcycle charger, and hooked it to my batteries.  During the last several years the univolt was not on more than a dozen times.  We spent the winters in the TX Valley, living in it for several months.  I never once ran the batteries down or had a problem.
Batteries would last me 4-5 years.   Since I bought my 69 OL I have done the same to it.  It charges 24 hours a day and has no trouble keeping up.  You that are having over charging problems might want to try this.  I think you will be susprised.

Ralph Shumaker  #1005
69 Overlander