[VAC] Re: '58 Overlander Electric Brake Wiring

I have a friend who owns a 1953 28 ft tandom axel airstream it was never wired for 12 volt except lighting the sower runs has no tank at all it discharged streight into the drain line. also it was never fitted with breaks of any kind. I looked under it and there were no provision made for black plates.
He towed it to Belize in the 1970s and it has been on site eaver since. he informed me that brakes used to be an option. Does any know any thing aboute this.
Jim Smith
1965 Tradewind (The Silver Abaltross)