[VAC] Re: Skin Rpair/Replacement

Hi Jason,

Ball park figure is $1,000 per panel to have a dealer do the job for you.
Even if the seller gives the trailer to you, that's too much money for
starting out. On top of that, new panels are not as thick or strong or
shineable (is that a word?) as the old ones, so your chances of matching it
are tenuous at best.

You have heard some of us talk about our Airstream being a money pit. I
suppose you could create another category = a sink hole that's still sinking
with no end in sight. <grin>

Go slow Jason. Think it through very carefully. BUT, read the posts that
tell you just the opposite of what I've written.  Figure out how closely
their skill level matches yours, especially if they say you can learn how
with "on the job" training. If you ruin one panel, that's the equivalent of
one big "OUCH."

Suggestion? Try to find and look at least 12 Airstreams for sale - while you
stay in the looking stage - before you start getting a LITTLE excited about
buying one of them.

Other concerns? Ideal situation is for the owner to show you that everything
works. Otherwise, your purchase is the equivalent of "AS IS" which can mean
anything at all.

The less you know before you buy, the more you'll spend after you've bought.
In my humble opinion, nine out of ten times, that statement will be true.

Terry
mailto:tylerbears@airstream.net