[VAC] Re: A frame rust

Dave,
  The 'A' frame on our 1968 GT was rusted in exactly that manner; I
discovered it when trying to tap holes for the little ball thingy for
the anti-sway device.

To find out how far back the rust damage went, I simply cut off the 'A'
frame about 4" ahead of the trailer body. Although I was prepared to go
back as far as I had to to fix it, the frame looked pretty good at that
point. So, we fabricated a replacement, including a new hitch from
Northern Tool & Equipment (looked almost exactly like the old one), and
welded it on.

Someone on this list showed pictures of their trailer where the 'A'
frame had broken. No doubt due to the interior rust, along with the
pressure from the WD bars.

                                <<Jim>>