[VAC] 1959 World Traveler

Just when you've seen it all, something comes out of the blue.

I get a lot of photographs of Airstreams due to the two websites.  This week
I had someone send me some photo's of a .... 1959 22 foot World Traveler!

http://VintageAirstream.com/archives1/59WorldTraveler/59WorldTraveler.html

Never heard of it?  Only 7 were made in 1958-1959.  The whole idea was for
use in Overseas Caravans.  Idea never really caught on.  They had dual axles
(only 22 footer with them), large tanks, large bath across the rear, large
wardrobes, International trim w/ dual 12 volt system (12v was very rare in
1958), fully self-contained, high end appliances, etc.

Here's the kicker.  The guy bought it and promptly spent 4 days ripping out
the interior and feeding it to a burn barrel in Missouri, appliances,
fixtures and all.....  Auuggh!   He needed something to move to Florida
with.

The registration even had the World Traveler as the model name.

Just thought I'd share some of the fun....

Later,
RJ
VintageAIrstream.com