[VAC] Re: replacment heater

Leslie-
I have a 64 GT also, and it has a non-forced air furnace, up front, just
opposite the entry door. It has no thermostat, only a twist dial to set the
temp. It heats by by convection, the colder air traveling up and being
vented warm at the top. When I got the trailer last august, I inspected it
thoroughly- it looked brand new, like it had never been used. The paint was
still shiny (not repainted). The exhaust is out the side of the trailer. It
seems to work fine, but have not really put it to the test. Only time I used
it the pilot provided enough heat overnight. I would like to take it for a
winter camp soon. Before I do that I will test it at home with the CO
detector plugged in while running the furnace full blast.
The vents in the bathroom are to let the warmed room air back into the
plumbing area to prevent freezes. Mine has two, just under the toilet.

I almost prefer this to the forced air furnace in my Safari, which I worry
about using up battery power, even though I don't set the thermostat very
high. This one I know burns clean. It has venting to the rear areas where
the plumbing is, and a vent to the Black water tank, too. Two vents in the
trailer itself.

Jere Potter #1877
'64 Safari
'64 Globetrotter