[VAC] Re: Drop-down bunks

Our '64 Overlander Twin has a pair of wooden drop-down bunks in the
midsection over the twin beds.  They appear to be original: the wood matches
the rest of the interior woodwork.  Somewhat narrower than the twins below.
They are supported on cleats screwed into the bulkheads, and when stowed are
held in place by a couple of latches normally used on double hung windows.
They seem quite adequate, and support all 170 lbs. of me.  We assume they
were optional or customized by the factory.  I don't have good pictures, and
the trailer is stored far from here, otherwise I would offer to email, but I
will be going up that way in a couple of weeks, and could look at them more
closeley if there is interest.  They would be easy to build: the only tricky
part would be attachment of the latches to the ceiling.

The downside of the bunks is that they partially cover the midsection
windows.  The upside is that I have four boys, so with the bunks I have a
place to stow them.

Louis Joyner
'64 Overlander Twin, in interesting condition.