[VAC] Re: winter towing

My CB radio has the weather channels (only 3, it's kind of old) and I've
made some very good use of it. My hand held CB also gets the weather
channel, and I'll never forget one night in Tennessee with about 30 people
huddled around in a rest center trying to figure out what county we were in
so we could tell whether or not the tornado was actually going to hit us!
(No tornado, but winds of about 80 mph.) I also have an indoor/outdoor
thermometer in the trailer. Mine has the time and shows minimum and maximum
temperatures and the small readout is velcroed on the wall right above the
pillow on my bed. This is how I decide when (or if) I should get up when I'm
on the road.

I also just signed up for a service through www.weather.com that sends a
message to my cell phone when there are severe weather alerts. It's free
except for any charges you may have from your cellular provider. I don't
exactly know how it works yet because there haven't been any alerts where I
am since I signed up for it!

Happy Trails - Sherry (who wishes you all a Happy Holiday season and BE
CAREFUL out there!)
'63 Bambi, WBCCI 1104, VAC, WDCU, TCT