[VAC] Re: winter towing

If he didn't do the demo with an articulated vehicle, then I wouldn't apply
what you saw to what will happen. Apples to oranges, IMHO

>          Does anyone have any reliable information on stability and order
> of braking when towing in snow and/or ice (other than "don't do it;" that
> would be *my* choice, but that may not be suitable/practical for others)?

I have no empirical evidince, but I did tow a travel trailer in Alaska from
'68 to '71, including in the winter on the ice (they didn't plow the
highways back then). I had my brakes set up to apply slightly before the tow
vehicle, and had no problems at all. If I did get into a skid or the tow
vehicle got squirrely, I tapped the manual lever on the controller so that
the trailer stayed behind me. That tended to keep the tow vehicle straight,
as well. All this, of course, while taking my foot off the gas pedal :^)

No way did I want to have my rig all over the road in -40 weather.

Bob Hightower WBCCI 11365