[VAC] Re: Exhaust brake question

Boy Roger, you hit home with that question.  I wanted one so bad I could
taste it on my 99 F250 SD diesel. I have had it over two years and have
dumped so much money in it I cringe at the thought of how many Airstreams I
could have bought.  My truck is just the way I want it now but it does not
have an exhaust brake for one simple reason, it doesn't need one!  Let me
say this, I over-engineer just about everything I make, buy or repair, and I
hate that I sometimes can't resist that, but your brakes on that new truck
along with the trailer brakes will allow you to descend any mountain or stop
on a dime.  I have yet to wear my pads out after 50K miles.   On the other
hand, if you want one, get up with www.ford-diesel.com and you can spend
hours reading the archives on exhaust brakes.  For those that already have
one, I can relate and understand some of the plus of it, but dollar for
dollar, they are not good for the truck, or Ford would be offering it as an
option.  Just my opinion, but they sure sound cool!
Randy