[VAC] Re: Polisher

Toby,

I'm not sure I agree with you on using a random orbit polisher on the coarse grit
polishes.  The DeWalt 849 that Karl is talking about is a great polisher and will get
the oxidation off in relatively short order without being so aggressive that it will
damage the ALCLAD.  The random orbital (Cyclo, for example) only needs to be used on
the final polish (AP-300 in Rolite's line) so that the swirl marks go away.   Using a
Cyclo on the earlier cuts may be frustrating because it isn't aggressive enough to
really get through the heavy oxidation.  I have seen people do it, but not always
satisfactorily.

Everything else you've said about the topic I agree with 100%.

Steve
http://www.vintagerv.com