[VAC] Re: Shochs for Tow Vehicle

Hi Don,
    A couple of years ago I was in the market for shocks for my Ford F150
4x4. I did some research and came to the conclusion that I didn't need any
extra payload capacity, so Coil Over shocks weren't needed. I opted for
Rancho RS 9000 adjustable shocks, with the front/back dual air adjustment .
I an completely satisfied with the shocks. The air adjust only affects the
damping- more air= more damping, less air = less damping. That way you can
tow with max damping and when you get where you're going, air the shocks
down and have a softer ride. As I recall, the entire package was about $400,
I installed them myself, and other than some difficulty finding a relatively
cool space under the hood to mount the compressor, was a piece of cake.
Instruction package was VG, and the performance is excellent.
                                                        Walt Sandy
S. W. Sandy
WBCCI # 4159 & VAC
Region 2 VAC Representative