[VAC] Re: Shocks

Hi Don,

The rear shocks with coil springs work well for me. That's what I've been
using on our Suburban 1500 for the last 10,000 miles of towing our '67 22'
Safari.

BUT - when I installed rear adjustable air bags inside the factory "cargo
coil springs" on our 1975 Mercury Station Wagon, I didn't like the results
when towing our '67 22' Safari. I'm no expert, but the air bags seemed to
negate the intent of the spring bars for weight distribution.

End result is I deflate the air bags for best weight distribution and sway
control.  In my opinion, there are betters ways to increase carrying
capacity and achieve ideal weight distribution while towing our Airstream
than by adding adjustable air bags.

Terry
mailto:tylerbears@airstream.net