[VAC] Re: Just bought a 1973 Airstream

If any one out there is keeping score,  I can account for one Ambassador
1964 International model twin, pretty much all original still with the
exception
of the furnace and hotwater heater.  I have replaced these with Suburban
NT34SP and SW10DE, the original refrigerator was replaced by a previous
owner.  I suspect soon I will be replacing the PAR water pump (model 4800)
with a newer 5800, at this point I am waiting for spring to see if the old
pump
is going to survive another winter and run for another season.  Also, I have
replaced the old split rims (safety) with Dexter wheels and radial tires.

In the spring, new curtains and possibly some Minwax oil stain, followed
by Watco Danish Oil on the cabinets when the weather warms up.  Some
of the wood work is becoming faded lighter than the rest. For example, the
four drawers under the front gaucho, one is about three shades lighter then
the other three...

Mitch Hill - WA1YKN
'64 Ambassador International...