[VAC] Re: Astrodomes

Please be advised that we have the original Airstream mold for the radius
corner Astrodomes.  Previous to the acquisition of that mold, we created a
square cornered mold for the 1965 and older trailer astrodomes.

We also are the only one that offers the astrodome and solardomes in two
colors, milk white and solar gray. Additionally, all of our covers are have a
"thermal barrier", something that no one else offers.

The only difference between these two molds is the corners, one square and
the other radius. They are both 14" x 26", nominal. The square corner cover
fits 1966 to 1971 coaches as well. Simply install the gasket as per the
template that is enclosed with each cover. The same is true for the solardome
(14" x 14"). On a very few early Airstream trailers, for some unknown reason,
two different astrodome flanges were used. One was in two pieces and the
other in 4 pieces. The 4 piece flange was not always installed with the same
dimensions. On rare occasion, the square corner astrodome cover may not fit.
Moving one of the end flanges inward approximately 1/4 inch, solves the
problem.
Having the radius corner astrodomes made at this time, is cost prohibitive.
They would have to sell for at least $250.00, each.

Therefore we have chosen to have only the square corner astrodome available.
The bottom line for the 1966 to 1971 installations, is that it saves the
purchaser about $100.00.

However, if enough owners would be willing to pay that additional amount, we
would certainly entertain the idea of having them made.

It is not likely that anyone would create that mold again, since it's present
day cost, by actual price quotes, would exceed $20,000.00.

Inland RV Center, Inc.