[VAC] Re: Furnace Replacement

         The circuit boards are actually made by the same company, but...
in the Suburban "NT" series, the circuit board is right next to the
combustion chamber, which makes it very hot- in the Atwood/Hydroflame
models, the board is in the return air stream, which keeps it cool. I have
toyed with the idea of moving the board to a remote location in out
Suburban NT series, which would make it last much better.

 >The only problem - I had to cut a big hole in the side of the trailer for
 >the new furnace cover and build a support
 >stand where the old furnace was.  Actually it worked our great and you would
 >never know it had not been done by a
 >professional.  The ducting was simple as both had round connectors.

         Did you have to cut a rib, or did you install it vertically? I
have resisted recommending these simply because of the (perceived) amount
of work involved, but they are *much* nicer and easier to work on- you can
actually get to and test every component while the furnace is in and operating.

________

         Chris Bryant