[VAC] curtains

To my airstream friends agonizing over the curtain situation. Until you can
find someone to make you the traditonal airstream curtain with the little
tabs (I can sew with the best of them but I prefer the ease and appearance
of the following)here is an EASY solution. Go to Linens & Things, Target,
Walmart, etc., find the curtain/blind section. Buy yourself the metal spring
rods that will fit your window.In that same section buy the little rings
with clips (they come in packages of 8 - 12)which will hang from your rod
and clip to fabric. At this point you have two choices. Find some appealing
cloth napkins (approx 18 x 18) to use as little curtains (in my 61
globetrotter I used 2 for the little kitchen window and 3 for the other
windows)or find some fun fabric and just hem all around them and hang them -
doing this you could hem rectangles.(Rather than using the rings with clips
you could also turn down about an inch of fabric at the top and hem, then
just slip the spring rod through the space thereby hiding your spring rod -
this is what I eventually did once I found the fabric I wanted as
curtains).The only window in my airstream that doesn't accomodate the spring
rod is the little window on the door so I've used adhesive velcro to attach
the curtain. I have photo's if you're interested. We have a scanner at work
and if some one there can help me I will try to make them available. Since
the accordian door to the bathroom is for appearance only (obviously not
sound proof and in my opinion not at all attractive)I also used the spring
rod and made a long curtain to use as a divider between the main cabin and
the bathroom.I hope this helps you. Betsy