[VAC] Re: Suburban Fan Motor

Tim,

I left a 23 year old Suburban Furnace at Oasis RV (1-800-658-5863) in Tucson
several months ago when I bought a brand new one and replaced mine (fire box
was shot). Dollars to donuts, the old furnace is still there in the corner
piled up with the others and the motor is just waiting to be scavengered.

We're in Florida today, or I'd go down there and inquire. Why don't you give
them a call and ask about it or ask about one from another old (same model)
furnace? I'm sure they would test the motor for you before selling it. Fed
Ex will deliver it to you the day after tomorrow.

You might want to check the price of a new motor before spending very much
on an old one. Your time may be worth more than the difference, especially
if the new to you (old) one crumps out after one or two times using it.

If you're a true scavenger (not meant in a derogatory way), you might ask if
you can poke around the junk pile at any (all) the RV dealers in your area.
It wouldn't be the first time a Vintage owner struck it rich.

Terry
mailto:tylerbears@airstream.net